Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Kitchen Make-Over, Hollywood Style



Christmas Day brings the release of what promises to be another feast-for-your-eyes romantic comedy from writer/director Nancy Meyers, who also brought us Something's Gotta Give and The Holiday. Meryl Streep stars as a bakery owner who is undergoing a kitchen remodel while caught in a love triangle with her ex-husband (Alec Baldwin, who we all love to hate) and her architect (Steve Martin).

I'll have to seriously multi-task to watch Meryl while also taking in every inch of the set design. Traditional Home has a slideshow of the set that reveals styling much like Streep herself: gracefully casual, warm but sophisticated. Her character's bakery provides a canvas for the same food stylist that provided culinary gewgaw for Julie & Julia.



The kitchen looks open and uniquely eclectic. I can't wait to have a better view and discover where the rest of the storage is! The exposed hinges and inset grids (metal? cane?)in the cabinet door panels are interesting choices.
If I could have one Christmas wish, It's Complicated will be rated PG-13 rather than R; but alas, I can always focus on the scenery.

View Traditional Home's slideshow here
View the movie trailer here

3 comments:

  1. I saw the movie on Christmas Day and fell in love with that perfectly imperfect kitchen. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Sharon.

    I'll finally see it this week. Heard it's got some great laughs, but I'm not looking forward to A. Baldwin in the buff. ew. I'll be lookin for the kitchen shots!

    I see you're a quilter. We have the largest outdoor quilt show in my little town:

    http://sistersoutdoorquiltshow.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics